Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Playing Catch Up

When last we left I teased you with memories of my day trip to Howth sans photos. So without further ado, I bring you this lovely little village by the sea. A serious must for any visitor to Dublin.
While I will not bore you with the details, I will share with you some of the magnificent sites including the boats gently bobbing in the waves:
...the picturesque lighthouse and my ideal home:...the fishing boats returning home after a good day:
...the many visitors that the fisherman had to look forward to on the way home:
...my little sea friends arrived at feeding time, too! Quite the impromptu zoo, I also realized that my friend likes to blow raspberries at the fisherman:(and YES he really was that close and NO this is not a zoomed in picture!)
...taking this trail:
I got a nice look at Howth from up above:
Someone gets to live in one of these pretty houses on the hillside:
While all I have are memories of wishing you were here:Won't you please forward my mail here:

9 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Welcome home, in more ways than one

Anonymous said...

Thank you fo rcommenting on my blog! I am enjoying your trip as well! You see, I'm trying to suprise my husband with a week long trip to .... Ireland or Amsterdam, perhaps we'll stay in the states and go to New Orleans. I digress, the trip needs to be budget friendly and full of interesting huants that we can get lost in. Ryan is more a "let's get up and explore" kind of guy, not so much the "syncronized watches and highlighted travel book" guy. Any trip suggestions would be great... have you been in any B&B's that you would recommend?
Best!

Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

Thank you both! I am truly flattered.

As for your trip Sara, I think Dublin is a fantastic choice for a romantic getaway. We stayed at only one hotel and it was off of Grafton Street which is the main street in Dublin's restaurant/shopping/everything district. The day trip to Galway and the Cliffs of Moher was quite adventurous and very exciting, and you could even stay longer.

I have a whole long itinerary of things to do and would love to send it to you. Email me at countrygirlcityliving@gmail.com and I will send it to you.

Good luck with the trip planning, you are an amazing wife for planning such an adventure :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Linds,
Welcome back! Thanks for keeping up with the blog during your trip, it was wonderful to be able to follow your adventures... I miss traveling so much and your stories were perfectly detailed enough to make me feel like i was there with you :) the pictures are great as well. Hope to see you soon.
All my love,
Galina

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics, the detailed stories, your new "sea friends", and especially your "wish you were here" photo...cute shoes....your new forwarding address will have to have room for ALL OF YOUR FANS!!!

Miss you and G....
nancy b

Amanda Jean said...

it looks like a lovely lovely place to visit.

Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

Thank you Galina!
It's so nice to be home. I only wish I could have continued to blog about paris and london while we were there, oh well...they are in the works now. I hope you like the photos I publish soon.
Love,
Linds

Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

Thank you Nancy B!
I really meant it when I said I wish you were here. It was such a beautiful and relaxing place. You definitely need to visit one day soon. And when you go...can I come too?
Much love,
Lindsay

Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

Amanda,
Thank you for all of your amazing feedback! I feel so privileged to share my travels and cannot wait to continue to do so in the future.
All the best,
Lindsay