Sunday, August 19, 2007

one is the loneliest number

Today I received a personal email from a fellow blogger asking if I missed cooking while traveling far from home.

Don't gasp but the resounding answer is yes!

I don't mean to get on a soap box here, but since I have taken to eating the products of someone else, someone who doesn't quite care whether I am nurished with healthy nutrients or just fillers, I find myself feeling quite gross! Although I must admit that they pull a mean pint in this town.

That said, and I hope I don't offend anyone here, but we are in Ireland, hardly the gastronomic capital. Further, we have not yet made our way to Paris where I'm sure I will be greeted with a cornucopia of local and delicious food.

For now I am stuck staring at this, my last blueberry carrot bundt cake. And yes, I do travel with homemade goodies. I like to be reminded of where I come from...because I like where that puts me.

More pictures tomorrow of this glorious town if you are still with me!

3 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Not at all surprised that the answer is yes!

Look after yourself and do keep chronicling the paradise that is Ireland ....

Amanda Jean said...

I miss cooking when I am gone, too, so you are not the only one. (glad that I could help inspire your post for today.) looking forward to more photos!

Anonymous said...

What a lucky blueberry carrot bundt cake, traveling to Ireland!!!

And you will be the really, really lucky one having the pastries in Paris...enjoy!

nancy b