Sunday, September 16, 2007

Still Life with Eggplant

Yesterday's farmers market journey was more of a relaxing stroll then a mere conquering of a 'to do' list. I thought I would share with you some organic delights from my favorite farmer.

She is not the most pleasant, in fact, some might say she borders on rude. But, what her courtesy lacks in kind, and her produce lack in size they surely make up for in taste. I know her only as the 'organic-veggie-lady-next-to-the-amazing-fish-mongers" but to our taste buds she is queen. You may recall our Gulliver's Salad from a few posts back? Well that delicious purple cabbage was her doing and boy was it delicious! The 'bowl' from the salad was perhaps my favorite part!

Tonight may find me making a lovely babaganoush, courtesy of this veggie queen. Something to slather on thick slices of grainy bread to add depth to roast turkey and fresh greens. But for now I will just sit back and admire the still life, with eggplant!

6 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

I can't take my eyes off that gorgeous still life photos...
Too, too beautiful...

Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

You are too kind Carol! I would love to see your water color of said photo, I'm sure you could perfectly capture the fall hues...
Isn't this weather just marvelous!?!

Anonymous said...

Photography is definately another strong suit you have acquired! And, fortunately for the eggplant, it does help that it is purple!
Enjoy the fall produce, and, continue to share your finds with us!
xox
nancy b

Colleen said...

Wow, you even make pre-prepared food look great.

Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

I can't take credit for this one Colleen. My hubby conducted a mini-photo shoot while I made the challah french toast and this was the result. He's awfully talented, huh?

Colleen said...

Lindsay, that's pretty cute. =)