Friday, September 14, 2007

A Bone to Pick

Forgive me as I drag my soap box out from hiding...

Before I post about our culinary feat last night, I had to share my disdain at todays news. If any of you are die hard patriots, read no further. For those of us who think that our president has severely abused his power, take note.

Apparently this is not news as this is the 50+ time this has happened since we have engaged in this senseless war, but I was thoroughly disgusted at our government to find out that a soldier who recently died in Iraq was awarded citizenship posthumously. I am constantly disappointed in our country and it's sloppy policies, but come on! How could we allow someone to go to war for us without awarding him his rightful citizenship BEFORE his death?

What kind of a country are we that we will use and abuse our citizens without granting them their rightful position as Americans? This is not the America I signed up for...

2 comments:

Katie Zeller said...

That is really, really sad! The gov. accepts people to serve in the Armed Forces without giving them citizenship? That's horrible.
Isn't anyone over there protesting?

Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

Katie-
Isn't it terrible? And it is all because Americans are either too apathetic or have a messed up definition of patriotism. It really bugs me that we are trying to 'close' our borders, yet we will allow any illegal immigrant to lose their life for our country overseas. The whole thing is nauseating....
Thanks for reading and responding!
Lindsay