Sunday, July 22, 2007

fancy that, a recipe request

By popular demand, okay so it was only one request--but from whom i am so flattered that i must promptly respond-below you will find the recipe for the clafouti from several days ago. If there are other recipe requests please let me know, if I had known anyone really wanted to make this stuff I would have posted them from the get go!

The flapjacks that I promised to post about while great tasting, didn't photograph so well. I have become as paranoid about food-tography (can i copyright that?) as my cute little hubby. Buckwheat is a little camera shy, I guess....

Instead I will share with you a photo of our monkfish tacos from last night. The monkfish was fresh from the Atlantic, picked up from our favorite fish monger at the farmers market yesterday. What a pleasure to buy from the guys who reeled in this beauty but a day ago. I digress...


I served these fish tacos with a homemade relish (roasted corn, quartered cherry tomatoes, black beans, diced chiles), fresh baby cabbage marinaded in a splash of oil & vinegar and then finished off with a homemade tzaziki of sorts (fage, dill & garlic). What a surprising treat, we will certainly be enjoying this healthy meal again soon. Perfect for the warm weather and what a way to enjoy the flavors of summer!

and without further ado...

Clafouti

No comments: