Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Farmers Market Finds

It's still life at the farmers market! I couldn't wait to share with you the myriad of fall colors...including PURPLE that have made their appearance as of late.



We were lucky to walk away with some beautiful burgundy dahlia's and brussels sprouts still on the stalk (bottom left). Not to be left out, there were sugar pumpkins, purple cauliflower, broccoli, yellow squash, fresh herbs (dill, basil, and rosemary to be exact), and a beautiful selection of peppers:



Now tell me this isn't the epitome of hot:



What about this spice mecca:



How many peppers would you pick?

2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

I'm so jealous that your farmer's market is still going! Ours has really slim pickin's these days. I'm sad to see them go. As far as how many peppers would I pick? none...I'm still trying to use up the few jalapenos from a few weeks ago. Those babies are HOT!

Anonymous said...

who ever thought a "rainbow" existed other than in the sky...beautiful colors, beautiful produce...especially the PURPLE cauliflower!
nancy b