Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Theres always time for blondies....

Could it be? Am I really posting twice in a day? Really now, I shouldn't set such high expectations for myself but I couldn't resist sharing photos of the delicious treat I whipped up this morning for one of my most favorite faculty members birthdays.


Dark, milk and peanut butter chip blondies

After a brief online search for the perfect recipe, I decided to adapt a recipe I found several times and it was not only easy but fast, my favorite way to bake!

In fact, I would say it's 2 easy. And here's why: if you have 2 cups of brown sugar, 2 sticks of butter, 2 eggs, , 2 teaspoons of vanilla, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 2 cups of flour, and 2 cups (for a gluttonous result, use at your discretion!) of assorted chips (peanut butter, milk/dark chocolate) you are in business.

Add ingredients in order (first blending sugar and butter then add other ingredients) until you get to the flour. Stir flour in by hand and then add accoutrement's (chips) and you are in business. Pop it the bakers edge or a buttered/sprayed 9x13 pan in the oven at 350 for about 25-30 minutes and enjoy.



And just in case you beat me home, they are on the top shelf in the aluminum foil honey!

4 comments:

Peter M said...

For the 1st time in my life I'll now say I prefer blondes!

Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

Thanks Peter! I'll let it slide this time!

Anonymous said...

you are amazing!!! i hope we can talk sometime soon!!! love you, kim

Anonymous said...

make sure there are a couple left for breakfast tomorrow...as we are almost there!

xox

nancy b